Tuesday, August 25, 2009

5K DIVA FUN!

So I had my 5K run this past weekend and boy did it kick my butt! I have been sore ever since. No worries though I ran yesterday just to see if I could handle the pain of the exercise and it looks like I can...barely! So a 5K is equal to 3.1 miles and it took me forever to run it! Shelly and Missy actually kicked my butt! I needed to train for it. I haven't been running in a while and my new favorite form of exercise is biking. Daniel keeps telling me I did so badly on the run because biking is so different than running. He is trying to make me feel better, good effort but it isn't working. I sucked and I know it, 38:38.1 minutes is what it took me to complete the race which is 12:25 minutes a mile. I did like 10 minute miles when I was in high school for gym class. I have never been much of a distance runner, I was a sprinter in High School for the track team and I now know why. Distance is hard stuff! I got my first side ache and running up the hills was murder. I am going to do better and I am going to get in better shape so I can do a mile in 10 minutes. That is my goal and I think it is pretty realistic. Shelly's time was 34:37.6 and Missy was 34:38.1 they rocked it! Missy has been running daily to get ready for this and it showed! She did awesome! As for my Mom and sister, they walked it. Jelaire had a hard time even walking it due to her fibromyalgia. I was glad we were all able to do this together! We all finished the race and that is all that matters. The race was to raise money for the Power in You organization and I am pretty sure with over 1300 women participating they raised a lot of money. A good cause is always worth a little effort and I am glad I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment