Thursday, November 12, 2009

~Anniversary~

2 years down, forever more to go!! :)
November 9 was our anniversary and we had such a wonderful night together. When I got home from work Daniel had surprised me with a dozen roses. They were so pretty and I love getting roses, red is one of my favorite colors and I seriously love red roses. The only thing better than a red rose, is a black rose. They are seriously my favorite flower ever!!! Roses do not truly exist in black; they are actually such a deep red that to the eye they seem black. You can buy dyed black roses and they are gorgeous, but the truly amazing black rose is deep in red or purple color. I have always loved them.

The roses Daniel gave me!
Anyway, Daniel and I drove down town to Rodizio Grill for dinner. It is a Brazilian steakhouse and they walk around with meat on big skewers and serve it to you at your leisure. It wasn't badly priced either, it cost us $70 dollars with tip. I thought that was a pretty good deal for all the food they serve you. I got the salad bar which is not a typical salad bar. They have some of the basics to make a salad, but mostly they have pre-made types of salad to choose from. My favorite was the mozzarella salad. It was huge pieces of mozzarella with tomatoes and some seasoning. They also had a few warm salad bar items and I ate their alfredo and some rice. Our server looked at me like I had lost my mind when I said I only wanted the salad bar due to the fact that I am vegetarian. Daniel ate more meat than I have ever seen one person eat in their whole life in one setting. I am pretty sure his favorite was the turkey wrapped in bacon he ate until he was border line sick. We passed on dessert and decided to go get some later when his stomach settled. Overall it was a nice place to spend our anniversary with stuff we both liked for dinner. After dinner we went to The District and saw the movie A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey. It was a good movie but it was a little on the spooky side. There was a scene where I just about jumped out of my seat because the theater was silent and then one of the characters got really loud. In my opinion Jim Carrey did an excellent job portraying the ghosts and also Scrooge. We saw the movie in 3D which usually gives me a headache but it wasn't too bad. It takes my eyes longer to focus and I am usually sick by the end of the movie. This movie was fine though and Daniel and I got a picture in our rockin' 3D glasses.

We look kinda funny but oh well. After the movie was over we walked over to Marble Slab and got some ice cream. They have both our favorite types of ice cream. My favorite is coconut ice cream with marshmallows and sprinkles and Daniel's favorite is peppermint. We took our ice cream home and ate it in our comfy bed. We had such a great, fun time with each other and we can't wait for the many more anniversaries we have to look forward too in our future.

Daniel and I being goofs with one of the roses Daniel gave me.

2 comments:

  1. You two are so adorable! Congrats on the 2 years and many to go. Love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You two are super cute! I like your 3D glasses picture!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete