Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Birthday

Daniel and I on My 23rd Birthday...I am an OLD woman :)

So I love birthdays, there are many people who do not care for birthdays since it means you are getting older. I am one of those peoples that takes full advantage of the fact that there is a day dedicated to me. If a birthday was a holiday then it would be my favorite (with Halloween at a close second since it is my favorite holiday). For my birthday I got some pretty thoughtful gifts. From Daniel I got two new hoodies, a poster of Jakob from New Moon (a joke), $50 to Forever 21, new luggage, a pea coat (the paisley one seen in pictures, compliments of Missy finding it) and then a card. Then for Christmas I had gotten a new sewing machine from my parents and with the money my Grandma Helen gave me I returned it and upgraded it for an intermediate sewing machine. My parents and brothers bought me a case to go with it and that is something I desperately wanted. Aunt Connie, Uncle Chris and the kids gave me such a neat-o gift. They are so observant and awesome I could hardly believe that they pay such close attention to me. They put together a goodie bag full of favorites. I got stuff to make my two favorite types of meal Mexican and Italian; a bag of potatoes and seasoning because I love 'taters'; my three favorite candies Nerd Ropes, Twix and Reese's and my favorite soda Dr. Pepper. It was such an awesome gift. Then I got quilting supplies from my Grandma Nelta, Grandpa Mike and Mama. It is so nice because I am going to start quilting. I also got a customized picture frame from Shelly. My sister and Kelly gave me an Angel statue, I had one and it broke and I was depressed but my sister gave me one just like it so I am happy again. Then Maddie and Jakob made me my favorite food....Mexican. There was cheese Enchilada's, Spanish rice, beans and grapes. So delicious and I knew it would be since Maddie is the best cook in all of the world. Since she doesn't read my blog this is not considered kissing up to her so she will cook for me more often. :) I had a wonderful birthday since I didn't have to do much and everyone stopped in to see me. I didn't get pictures of everyone that came by but I was thrilled that they all did. Best birthday to date. Thanks everyone for the Facebook messages, text messages, cards, phone calls and stopping in. I love you all.
xoxo


Maddie and I with the cake she made me and the eclairs my mom made me
Daniel claims he didn't know he was in the photo

Jelaire, Kelly and I
My dad with his mom and Mike
(grandpa Mike nad Grandma Nelta)
My brothers being dorks... I don't even know...
Jakob, Madaline and my mom.
My mom and I

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great birthday. I didn't know about it or I would have given you birthday wishes, so here they are belated. But not to worry, you're now in my calendar! Mwahaha! :)

    Happy Birthday! Love ya Lots!

    ReplyDelete