Monday, July 26, 2010

24th Weekend

After I got off work Friday night from Wingers I went home and got ready to party. My cousin Sabrina and her daughter Chauntay went downtown for the 24th of July Pioneer Day parade, which was Daniel's last parade. We planned on sleeping down there and waking up for the parade. Well, that plan didn't go over so well because it ended up being impossible to sleep. So we napped for about 45 minutes and then we waited for the parade to start at 9am. The parade was really slow and nothing I imagined. It took forever and they didn't even throw candy or anything to make it exciting. I enjoyed watching Daniel but this will be the only year I go to the Days of 47 parade (I am not sure why it is called that but it is) Then I took a 2 hour nap that day and got ready for a party at my parents house with Daniel's Aunt and her family. I was pretty much a zombie at the party but I still had fun and I hope everyone else did. We lit off fireworks, had snacks and visited. I sure do love my in-laws. They are so awesome and so fun :)

2 comments:

  1. Umm... Jess, it's called the Days of 47 because that is when the pioneers come to Utah on July, 24, 1847.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha, Wow, Well I really didn't know that. :) I hate history!

    ReplyDelete