Monday, October 19, 2009

California, Sealing and Such

Home sweet home! Can I just say how much I love being home!! Don't get me wrong I love vacation but as much as I love vacation I love being home in my own clean bed even more. So Daniel, My Family and I left for California October 10th. We stopped in Vegas on the way down and Daniel and I got some pretty sweet deals in the Hurley outlet store. When we got to Cali we checked in to our hotel and we all had to share a two bed room until Daniel and My room was available the next morning. It was a pretty tight squeeze for seven of us to fit in a pretty small room but we made it work. While in California we hit up the Orange county Swap Meet; we went to the Dana Point Harbor; spent 3 days in Disneyland with a park hopper pass for California Adventure and went to the San Diego Temple. At the Swap Meet Jelaire and I saw two contestants from America's Next Top Model. Their names are Amanda and Michelle and we were so excited since we are practically obsessed with the show. They took a picture with us and were way nice. The next event would be the Dana Point Harbor which is my favorite. We met my Aunt Susie and Cousins Chelsea and Nathan there and we went to Girl in the Curl which is a small surf shop near the harbor and we went and looked at all the shops on the harbor. It was such a blast and after that we went to a little Mexican restaurant that I thought was pretty tasty...no one else really liked it that much. I love Mexican food though; I could seriously eat it every day. Then, Disneyland, the happiest place on earth! We spent three days hopping from Disneyland to California Adventure Land. We went on every ride we wanted to go on and some of them twice! My favorite Disneyland ride is Peter Pan and Daniel said he likes all the Mountains (i.e. Space, Splash and Thunder). Then in California Adventure my favorite ride is The Tower of Terror, you practically lose your stomach on that ride and I love it but Daniel is not too fond of it. His favorite ride in California Adventure is California Screamin' which is a big roller coaster so that is pretty typical to be his favorite. We of course saw Minnie and Mickey Mouse they were all cute in Halloween Costumes because this time of year the Disney villains take over Disneyland and everything is Halloween. It is my favorite time of year at Disneyland since Halloween is my favorite holiday. On the 13th we celebrated my dads B-Day and Disneyland gave him a button to wear he thought it was so cool that everyone wished him a Happy Birthday. Spending three days at the parks was a new thing for me and I absolutely loved it. I am used to a one day trip to Disneyland and you have to rush around like crazy people. I love Disneyland! Once my family headed back to Utah Daniel and I had a day to ourselves and we spent that day going to the San Diego temple. It is my favorite temple and always has been. It is beautiful on the outside and even more beautiful inside. We were able to do a session and I loved it! It was my second time ever doing a session and we were asked to be a witness couple which is pretty special I thought....a bit nerve wracking at first but I loved it! Also, a distant relative was there and I didn't get a chance to tell him who I was but my mom will call him so that made the experience even more cool! Our experience was absolutely wonderful overall! I loved California and in a whole it is a blast and has a special place in my heart probably since I was born there but there is no place like home! I was craving the dry air of Utah by the end of our vacation. The day after we got home Daniel and I were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple and it was such an awesome experience to share with loved ones. We are so grateful to those who showed us their love and support by coming. I will write all about it in my next blog since I am still waiting on pictures :) Until then have a wonderful time with life!!!

Driving to Cali with my little brother in our car
Daniel and I at Dana Point Harbor
Waterfall in California Adventure
A Bugs Life 3D and we are buggies!
Us being cool fish
The family at the entrance of Disneyland
The Family with good ol Mickey Mouse
Our little family with Mickey
Toon Town is my favorite place in Disneyland
Daniel and I have older pics like this
This is one huge Candy Corn in C.A.
R-uesch
Halloween Minnie
and Halloween Mickey
The family next to the giant pumpkin Mickey head
then the two of us!
We think we are so funny!

The side of the temple that faces the freeway
This temple was incredible, in and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment