Thursday, October 1, 2009

OCTOBER


October is finally here, the long anticipated month has finally arrived!!! October is my favorite month, I love fall and I love Halloween. This year I have decided to be The Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. Daniel has chosen to be The Mad Hatter also from Alice in Wonderland. These are not simple costumes; as a matter of fact looking at them stresses me out because of how complex they are. I know what you are thinking and they seem like they would be simple throw a bunch of hearts on a dress for me and have Daniel wear a funky top hat. Well, we are going to try and mimic the Tim Burton style of Alice in Wonderland. The characters are so extremely unique with a creepy twisted look that we love. I of course will do my make-up cuter than the craziness in Tim Burton's character, but I am hoping everything else is similar. I am probably going to have to sew my dress and I found a pattern online that I like, but man is it detailed and I have to add a collar to the pattern. So as you all know I work all the time so I have no time to decorate for Halloween and it is finally that time of year to do so! I should have decorated in the middle of September so I could enjoy the holiday a little longer. I will be finding time to decorate this weekend and I am planning on pulling a few things out tonight to celebrate October 1st!!! So, since this is my favorite month I have generously decided to pack our lives full of events so we can live October to the fullest. My activities start tomorrow night with tending Daniels cousins. I am so thrilled to do so, they are the best in-laws I could ask for and I am so thrilled I get to spend some personal time with the two youngest we planned on painting nails and being total girls during the time we are together. Then Tuesday October 6 I get my Endowments at 6:20 in the Jordan River Temple. That will be an eventful day and I am looking forward and am anxious for that day. Then October 10 we leave for California. We will be going to Disneyland on the 12th and also on the 13th which is my dad’s birthday and one other amusement park we have not yet decided on. Then we will of course enjoy the beach and harbor. I believe my Aunt Susie is coming back with us to Utah so she can be at Daniel and my temple sealing which happens to be the day after we get home from our vacation. We will be getting sealed in the Salt Lake Temple at 3:00 on October 17 then we will be having a celebration dinner after at 6:00 in the church we were married. When we get home Daniel could possibly be starting to work at Wingers again with me. The Olive Garden isn’t all they make it seem and even though he is making good money there are more perks to working at Wingers. We will see what his final decision is after tonight I believe because he has to let Wingers know if he plans on returning. That is pretty much all for now, but I will be back soon to post about vacation and our temple experience! Have a wonderful October!!

No comments:

Post a Comment