Monday, December 20, 2010

Wishful Thinking

So I was reminded yesterday by Aunt Connie that I hadn't updated my blog in a while! I am pretty sure she is the only one that regularly checks it and that is one of the many reasons she is so amazing! So, a special thanks goes out to her especially this time of year for being the best! I have always limited how much I write on here about Daniel's family but I have finally decided this is my online "journal" and for those people who don't want to read it, they really don't have too. We were invited by Aunt Connie to come over on Christmas. This was no surprise to me because she always includes us in every holiday and always remembers our birthday's and anniversary. I just find her heart bigger and bigger the more I get to know her. She has accepted me as a part of her family and my appreciation to her will never be able to show as much as I would like it too. We are very excited to visit them on Christmas and we are happy they will be in town this year.

With Christmas just a few days away I always am a wishful thinker and I hope that Daniel and I and his immediate family would be able to get together. Watching Daniel not have a proper mother/son relationship is hard. Especially since my family is so extremely close. I want to be able to go and see his mom and sisters a well as my family. This is not my place though and I understand that. It is something that needs to be fixed between him and his mom and no one else. I have never written anything like this on my blog because I was always cautious of what people would think if they read it but I have given up caring it has been over 3 years and there has been no conversation between Daniel and his mom. Its sad really and I know Daniel wants things to be fixed. He is just scared of rejection and that is perfectly normal. Hopefully things can be fixed sooner than later and this feud can finally come to an end.

My family had an early Christmas with Jelaire and Kelly since they will be in California. It was a fun little dinner and gift exchange.

Daniel and I are anticipating a very exciting 2011! Shelly my best friend from High School (we have been friends for like 50 million years) is getting married in June! We also hope many more great changes will be happening! I will keep you posted and I will try to acquire a list! Until then! XoXo

2 comments:

  1. I fully expect to see Christmas pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check your blog often too! I have been waiting for a post for a long time!

    ReplyDelete