Sunday, June 26, 2011

Busy Busy Busy Week/Weekend

So, a week ago it was Father's Day we went to see Uncle Chris and gave him his yearly awesome Dad's Day gift....a tie. They are too stinking cute because they gave Daniel a "good luck trying" Father's Day gift. They gave him the cutest tiny baby boy bibs and they are embroidering the names I would love to name twin boys. They made him these so we can have good luck because I really want twins boys. That family is so thoughtful and so clever. I am so lucky to have married into such a wonderful family! They are the best "in-laws" I could ever ask for! After we went over to Aunt Connie and Uncle Chris' we went to my house and had dinner with my family. My dad loved his tie and we also gave him a waffle maker because his broke and he makes waffles every Sunday. He loved it. We had stuffed red peppers and meat loaf, my dads request. Father's Day was a blast.

Then, Wednesday night Daniel has marching band practice. I was helping set up for Shelly's wedding and when I was finished I gave Daniel a call. He sounded pretty stressed and it was 9:40 PM and he still wasn't home so I knew something was up. He told me he lost his wallet and he did not know the last time he felt it in his pocket. He had been downtown all day for work, then school and then marching band practice in South Salt Lake. SO, we met home to double check and make sure it was not by some random chance at our house and sure enough it wasn't. Then my mom and I drove the streets of South Salt Lake at midnight with flash lights and my GPS trying to find his wallet. We had no luck and so we headed home. I went to bed around 2 AM because I was so stressed out and I was cancelling accounts all night. Then I woke up at 5:45AM to get ready for Shelly's wedding. I showed up at Shelly's to do her hair and sent her off to the temple. Then I did her sister Stacy's hair and her other best friend Anna's hair. Then we all headed downtown to the temple foe Shelly's sealing at 11AM. After the sealing we took pictures at the temple and then we headed to the luncheon at Jake's parents house. We then got ready for the reception at 6PM. We had a blast decorating the car and making sure the reception ran smoothly. Then we saw them off around 8PM and cleaned up as fast as we could so we could go home and sleep :) I was totally looking forward to sleep after only getting around 3 hours the previous night. Then on Friday I went and watched Shelly and Jake open their gifts and said goodbye to them and they are now on their honeymoon on a Caribbean cruise!!! I pretty much have been catching up on sleep ever since.

Daniel's wallet is still lost and we are in the process of getting all new cards and he will be getting a new license tomorrow. He had $70 cash which we pretty much kissed goodbye. Luckily there was no activity on the cards before I was able to shut them down. So our loss isn't as big as it could have been.

I am still looking for a job and I have actually started looking. So, wish me luck because I really, really am trying to not work in the food industry ever again ASAP!! I am hoping that whatever job I get I can get full benefits also!! KSL job search is my new best friend!

1 comment:

  1. I know I am still sleepy. Thanks again for doing all of our hair and our dresses. It all turned out so good. I left your pearl bracelet at mom's house- so one day it will get to you.

    ReplyDelete