Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving - Black Friday

11/26

Thanksgiving! So, Daniel and I had two Thanksgiving dinners to go to. Aunt Connie’s was at noon and my families was at 3pm. The night before I got a call from my Aunt Jeni who said that her plans fell through for a church she had booked and we had to move our dinner to 1pm. I was so stressed to say the least. I had to figure out a way to make it to both. So Wednesday night I started prepping my food!!! To Aunt Connie’s we took Daniel’s family favorite…Pistachio dessert. We enjoyed our yummy dinner that Daniel ate two helpings of!! I had bread that is so yummylicious and potatoes that were made special for me since I don’t like mashed potatoes. Then we left there at 1:15 to head to Eagle Mountain for my family dinner. We arrived at about 2pm we were an hour late but they were expecting that. I had brought rolls, green bean casserole with green beans from Daniel’s grandma’s garden, mashed potatoes, a chocolate pie and drinks. Daniel ate a little but mainly he took leftover’s home and has been living on them lately. He loves leftover’s I think they are gross!! He took a little bit of everything since we were smart and brought Tupperware J. After dinner some of us girls made shirts that said “Once you go black you never go back…Black Friday 2011”. We sure did wear them shopping too!!

Black Friday---It all started Thursday at 10pm at Wal-mart so if anyone knows what that means it means we were really there by like 7:30pm on Thursday. We were positioned all over Wal-mart to get all the goods! Aunt Jeni, Aunt Jelaire, Dakota, Adrian, Nicole, Ana, Stevie, Jen, Maddie, Jakob, Brina and me, we had a small army!!! At 9:55pm the battle for the goods started and can I just tell you MEN who are 6’6” and weigh 250+ should not be allowed to be so aggressive. Brina got her finger sliced open and got sat on and pushed over and I got shoved and have bruises all over my body over a $3 item!!! After the craziness at Wal-mart we went and ate at I-Hop then we went back to Wal-mart for the Midnight sale. We bought more stuff there then we went to Target. We got everything we needed there even though we didn’t wait in the cold. Then we went to Smith’s Marketplace and waited in the car from 3am until 5am then me and Brina bolted in the doors and got exactly what we needed. Then I dropped Brina off at home and went to bed at 7:30am!!! I slept until 2pm on Friday then I finally unloaded my car and Daniel and I went out to the Dollar Store, Kohls and Wal-mart again!!! I am crazy I know!! That is my Black Friday 2011 experience….next year I just might do it online!!

No comments:

Post a Comment