Friday, January 13, 2012

Busy Holiday Week!!

Ashton's Birthday party from previously in the month.


Rachel graduated from dental school and I was there to watch. Such a wonderful thing for her to accomplish.



Now, here goes the novel of my busy busy week! It all started when we went downtown to temple square to see the lights with Shelly and Jake. We enjoyed taking a lot of pictures of course!


Then Wednesday night Daniel’s cousin went through the temple for his endowment. We of course went through the same session to share that awesome experience with him. Then after we went to Aunt Connie’s for desert it was delicious as always.

Thursday we had an appointment to see the gender of the baby and it’s a girl!!! I got the ultra sound done at Fetal Studios in the mall and I ran into Chaz before the appointment. So I told him the good news about me being pregnant and he was shocked and then he went with me and got to watch the whole thing. She was moving so much it was so cute. After that we went and told the parents. They were pretty excited and my dad was the first we told he was super excited both my mom and Daniel’s mom pretty much told us they knew already. We also stopped by Aunt Connie’s and they were all as surprised as ever. So we had a pretty exciting Thursday night sharing the news with family.

Then Friday was the Christmas party on my dad’s side. We went to my grandma Nelta’s for dinner and dessert. Daniel played the trumpet and entertained us for a little it was pretty neat.

Then Saturday came and we went to Josh and Nicole’s for our Christmas Eve party we did the usual appetizer bar and dessert bar. I told all my family and cousins that I was pregnant and it was super fun. We did the white elephant game and Daniel and I ended up with stupid stuff that I left at the party. Then we rushed over to Daniel’s mom’s house because we were like an hour late to dinner. Daniel told his sisters they were going to be aunts and they all acted pretty excited. We had homemade wheat roll bowls and homemade soup…yum! Then we played scattegories and for dessert…cheese cake! We went home past midnight but it was well worth it because we had such a wonderful time!

Christmas was fun! We saw all the family on both Daniel’s side and my side. We had so much fun with everyone and we got some pretty awesome gifts! I got sewing stuff, shoes, earrings, clothes and a serger from my parents. Daniel got three video games, treats and clothes, my parents gave him new jeans and thank heavens cuz he needed them. Chaz got us shirts with his very own money and it was so cute to see how proud he was!! I love my little brother!! Then we got a few combined gifts…from Aunt Connie and the family we got diapers, a wipe warmer and baby clothes! LaReine made us a snuggle buddy thing that she sewed and it is so soft. Marne’ gave us a disc of Daniel’s first year baby book. It is amazing and it was such a thoughtful gift. My sister gave us a baby’s first book that she put pictures in and filled out slightly along with a teddy bear, a bow and an outfit that says something about her being the best aunt. Maddie and Jakob gave us a rice cooker which I have already used and it made some delicious rice. So overall Christmas was a blast and Daniel and I got all the things we could have possibly wanted and more!

After Christmas life went back to normal and I started picking up overtime shifts at work so working 8-8 is a very common thing these days for myself. Daniel’s friend Chad from high school got married and we went to the wedding with Marne’, Ciara and Maddie. It was downtown and the drive down there was a blast we visited the whole way…Daniel did most of the talking which is normal. Poor Maddie seems to not be able to get one word in bless her heart! We had a fun time visiting with Daniel’s mom and sisters!

New Years was next. We went to my moms and celebrated until midnight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment