Saturday, January 28, 2012

WEEK 25 and 2 DAYS

01/26 BONUS…WEEK 25 and 2 DAYS

So, we just got some fantastic news at the doctor’s office. I am further along than we thought. So I got to take a bonus picture and post twice this week! We went into the ultrasound appointment first. The lady checked the height and said she was big and that I am most likely further along than they thought but she will leave it up to my doc to make the final decision. Then she checked all health related stuff. She looked at the lips and said they look great. Then the heart and said it has all the right valves and is fluttering great (it looked like a butterfly stick in a hole). She also checked all the chords and said they checked out great. Also, she is already head down so that was a bonus. The lady said she is still a girl and a healthy one at that.

We then went and had my blood drawn to test me for pregnancy diabetes. Every pregnant lady has to get this done because apparently you can develop it around now in the pregnancy. I had to drink a bottle of this orange liquid. It reminded me of those kool-aid drinks they used to have in the little barrels with foil to keep them closed. I was never allowed to have them because they had too much sugar. Ha! So, I found it funny that to test you for diabetes they make you drink liquid full of sugar.

After that we saw my doctor. He measured me and sure enough he changed my due date. The original due date was May 16 and he said I was roughly 10 days ahead of schedule so he moved my due date to May 8. I asked him how far he will let me go if she doesn’t come on time and he said he will induce me on May 15 if she hasn’t arrived. So either way she is coming before we planned even if she is late. He didn’t seem to concerned that she will be late. Daniel told him that him and I were both over cooked 3 weeks and the doctor said not to worry it won’t be happening with Azalia. Apparently now days they will induce you at two weeks no matter what. I am happy mine will induce a week later it is comforting. I asked my doctor about heartburn and he said to start taking Prilosec and not to suffer through the pain and if that doesn’t work then he will prescribe me some medicine that will help. So, after the appointment Daniel went and bought me some. We shall see if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment