Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cali!!

Leaving on a plane to Cali!!
We arrived in Cali at like 8:30 their time. The flights were absolutely horrible. We had a connection in Phoenix and the flight from SLC to Phoenix was the worst flight of my life. I sat down in the middle of these women who both had to ask for extensions on their belt buckles. Then as the plane took off it was a bumpy ride to say the least so I stated to get nauseous. Then I started getting hot flashes and I could barely squeeze my arms up to reach the air because of how tightly I was crammed in between these ladies. So I finally had air on my face and I was sweating so bad at this moment that I thought for sure I was going to faint. This happened pretty much the entire first half of the flight. The flight was only an hour and so for a half hour I thought I was going to die!! Normally I do wonderful with flights and I have never gotten sick from flying. I will say that the odds were against me this time. The second flight from Phoenix to San Diego was great. I was sitting next to Daniel and I the flight was smooth sailing…I think it had something to do with the fact that it was a female pilot! ;)

Anyway when we arrived in San Diego I was exhausted and Daniel practically ran to the curbside pick up to meet Josh and I felt like I was sprinting a marathon through the San Diego air port. I made him slow down because I could barely keep up. We waited for Josh for about 20 min from the time our plane landed and then we drove to their house. Right when we arrived at their house Josh was so excited to tell Daniel some amazing news that he could hardly stand it. He handed him a ticket to a concert. (Daniel had no idea that I had secretly been planning since July to come to California because his favorite band, Nightwish was performing. Missy bought tickets for her and Josh and she generously let me buy hers so Daniel and Josh could go together. We have been keeping it a secret forever! That is the main reason for this trip and Daniel had no idea.) When Josh handed Daniel the tickets Daniel was super thrilled and stared at them for a while to make sure they were real or something. Josh and Missy then gave Daniel and I a little basket filled with baby essentials and it was super cute. They even through in a joke with a mask and nose plugs and such for daddy Daniel. Then after all the excitement we went to bed to conquer the next day.

Friday morning we woke up and Josh was working so we went to lunch at Jack in the Box. It is Missy’s favorite place and there isn’t one in SLC so it was nice to eat somewhere different. Then we visited until Josh got home. When Josh got home we got ready and went to Sunset Cliffs and we hiked around there for a while and we even hiked down to the beach. It was quite funny because Josh, Missy and Daniel were all in charge of a child… I was considered one of the children to help up and down the massive cliff that we hiked. We took pictures and watched the sunset and it was very pretty. Then we went to dinner at Outback Steak House and ate until we were sick. I had two and a half loaves of their bread by myself thank you very much. It was absolutely amazing wheat heaven! Then we went outside and there is a giant chess set and Daniel and josh played a round of chess with the huge game board. While they played Missy and I went shopping. Then Teagan got her first haircut from me when we went home!! After that we called it a night and went to bed.

Saturday we woke up and Daniel could hardly stand the anticipation of going to the concert. We dropped the kids off at one of Missy’s friend’s house because they were staying the night. We drove to Costa Mesa to go to the Orange County swap meet. I almost cried because they were closed due to rain. It is one of my all time favorite things to do in Cali and I didn’t even get to do it. I was super sad and so was Daniel because even he likes the killer deals that are there. I was dying of hunger by this time so we went and got food. We went to Jack in the Box again then we headed to LA for the concert. Since our day was completely thrown off due to the swap meet being closed we got there very early. We went shopping and Daniel spent lots of money in the new element store that opened at the Universal City mall. I spent money on candy. Yum yum yum. Then we had dinner reservations at 6 at Hard Rock CafĂ© we walked around the restaurant and looked at music memorabilia. We had a delicious dinner where Daniel downed a 12oz steak. Then the boys headed to the concert to buy shirts and Missy and I went to shop some more. Missy and I shopped for about 15 minutes and realized we had now been to every store in the mall and we still had about 4 hours until the boys were done at the concert. We had planned on getting a pedicure but there was no salon!!! We were pretty upset. So we went to see a movie, we saw Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close with Sandra Bullock. She is my favorite actress but the movie was slow, boring and dumb in my opinion. Missy liked it and cried like a baby, I was there to give her tissues. The previews for this movie were outstanding however… there is a new movie coming out in April with my newest boyfriend Zac Efron called The Lucky One and can I just say H O T!!!! The movie is steaming hot with him in it. I will definitely be watching that movie on the big screen. Anyway…after the movie missy and I went and ate frozen yogurt for an hour and then the boys got out of the concert after we sat in the yogurt shop for about an hour. They were extremely excited and had their new shirts on we took a pic then headed home! It was like 2:30 by the time we got home and we all crashed to say the least.

On our day back to SLC Josh and Missy went to get the kids we went and ate lunch then they dropped us off at the air port. Hayden cried and cried and it was so hard to leave him. He wanted to “go to Dan-o’s house” he is precious. We checked in and found out our flight had been canceled so they moved us flights to a nonstop flight from delta instead of a 1 stop flight from US Airways. It was nicer that way too. So we had 2 hours before we had to leave the airport so Daniel finished some homework and I worked on crocheting a blanket for Azalia. Then we flew home and when we got here we were welcomed with 30 degree weather and I absolutely loved it. (I really do love the cold) Kelly and Chaz picked us up at 7:30 then we went to my parents to get my car and we visited with them about our trip until like 10:30 at night. We went home and crashed. We both took Monday from work off so that was very nice. Daniel still had school at 1pm but at least we got to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment